Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Stories: I Like Winter

I like winter. I like winter because I get to try out my new snowboard this year. I also can't wait because we'll get to build a snow fort and have snowball fights. I would like to see if we could make an igloo this year with a hollow inside. I hope we get a snowstorm with three feet of snow. That would be a blast! I also like winter because I get to paint the snow with bottles of water and food coloring. I would like to try to make an underground tunnel under the snow this year. I have never done that before but it sounds fun!



I wonder if we will have a white Christmas. It feels a lot more like Christmas when there is snow out.



Sometimes we get sick in the winter but I usually only get a small cold. I like having snowball fights a lot in the winter. Dad usually is at work when we would have snowball fights.



I like sledding down on our little circle sled down to the pond and this year I'm gonna try out my snowboard going down to the pond. Mitchell said, "That's foolish." He said, "If you go too far and too fast on the ice you will break through." But I don't think that would happen unless the ice is only a millimeter or an inch thick or of course if you are riding a snowboard that's on fire, that will melt through the ice. But there are no snowboards that I know of that will start on fire.



Sometimes we go over to Ella's and sled down their hill. This year I would like to go and bring my snowboard. That will be a lot of fun. It has flames on the front and the rest is black, and it has traction spikes and a handle to hold onto. The handle is grey.

No comments: