Monday, May 19, 2008

Friday Stories: Toys in a Treehouse

One morning I woke up and looked out the window. Our maple tree by the sandbox had a treehouse in it! I went outside and climbed up the rope ladder and went inside the treehouse. It was filled with toys. I woke Mitch up but he didn't want to come. So I went back out, brought one of the coolest toys to show him, and then he followed me up into the treehouse. Mitchell found a pile of Ninendo DS games, Game Boy games, Play Station games, and it measured one cubic foot.

In another corner I found a pile of Legos: the hundred and three dollar Lego set. I couldn't wait to show Mom and Dad. I sold some of the toys for money and bought a water cooler for water up there. I had friends over and I let them play in the treehouse.

The treehouse is about seventy square feet. It had four windows, one on each side. The treehouse ceiling is about six feet tall. There was a rope ladder that could be rolled up. There was a little attic with a trap door accessible from the top or inside. Sometimes I leave it open so the birds can make nests in and I can get their eggshells for the nature tray.

No comments: