Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Stories: I Wonder

I wonder how they make circuit boards. I wonder how they make resistors, too. I think what they're made for is to absorb energy so it doesn't get overloaded with power and break.


I like taking things apart. I unscrewed a CD player and it had a laser eye in it. I wonder how a laser eye reads the things on the CD.


I wonder how those sticks of circuit boards hold memory on a computer. I wonder if those black chips have anything to do about storing the memory. I wonder if they store the memory in them.


I've also unscrewed an old phone. There are two bells inside and I wonder how when there's a call coming, it knows when to ring and when it knows to stop ringing. I wonder how they make the phones now so they have an answering machine and you can hear the message and save it.


I wonder how the machines solder that and put the pieces on circuit boards and make them. I would like to take a tour of that factory.


I wonder how they make memory cards store so many pictures. I have a camera. The most pictures I've taken on a memory card is five hundred; almost six hundred, I think.


I wonder how some computers know the exact time, date, and how on Playstation, you hit a button on the controller and it sends it to the game box, into the TV, projects in on the screen, and it does the move. I wonder how all that happens so fast.


I would like to unscrew an answering machine next. If you read this, if you have any broken things, you can give them to us, if they have a circuit board in 'cause I like seeing inside them.

No comments: