Monday, March 9, 2009

Friday Stories: Signs of Spring

I have seen signs of spring all over the place. At church, I saw little sprouts coming out of their flower bed. And the snow has been melting so much that it seems like it's spring. We might plant seedlings this week. The temperature has been warmer out. The hottest the temperature is that I can recall is 44 degrees. A couple times I didn't even need to wear mittens!



Yesterday I played outside. I found some really big chunks of cracked ice. Today I walked Minnie. In the gutter, there was lots of melted snow and slush. I've been sweeping some rocks into the gutter for the street sweeper to sweep up.



The thing that I like most about spring is getting to plant flowers. We try to make one whole bucket of flowers each spring. Every year, I get this weird kind of flower that looks coral-y and comes in pink, red, yellow, and I think green. Last year I picked out some snapdragons and marigolds and some of those coral-y ones. And that's all I can remember for picking out. One of my favorite flowers is those coral-y ones.

No comments: